Having a good sex life is important for the overall wellbeing of a person. This is applicable for both men and women. But there are times when that frisky feeling diminishes in our life. If that happens, don’t worry because you are not alone in this problem. Research reports have come up with a startling fact that almost one third of women and approximately 15% of men lose the desire of enjoying sex regularly. The lack of libido shouldn’t be ignored and steps must be taken to combat the problem. Otherwise this might become a serious problem later hampering sexual life of a couple. Nowadays, there are various supplements available in the market which claim to boost up your libido significantly. However, all of them are not very effective and might come with serious side effects as well. Some of them show results initially, but have no effects on the long run and can get addictive as well. If you are looking for a reliable as well as effective supplement for revving up your libido, try Provestra. This supplement has shown to have excellent results for boosting libido and bettering sexual life and health. Also, it is a natural product with no fears of any kinds of side effects.
Some tips for revving up your libido
Along with taking supplements, there are also many natural ways in which you can boost your libido and enjoy a healthy sexual life. Try the below mentioned ways and see how effective they are:
- Getting good quality sleep helps – We all know that good quality sleep is required for maintaining a healthy mind and a healthy body. Along with this, good quality sleep is also essential for enhancing sexual desire. In survey reports it was found that people who had longer sleep times had heightened sexual desire when compared to people who had shorter sleeping time. Majority of people nowadays have a very hectic lifestyle exhausting them. Making time for sex seems quite difficult and gradually this leads to low sex drive. To overcome the exhaustion proper rest and adequate sleep is imperative.
- Eat healthy libido-boosting foods – Your diet plays a pivotal role in ascertaining your sexual health. Try consuming foods which are healthy and low on cholesterol as this has direct effect on sexual activities. Infact there are certain kinds of foods which have shown to increase libido significantly. Some such foods include the likes of avocados, figs, bananas etc. These are known as aphrodisiacs and they are believed to boost libido. These fruits are also rich sources of vitamins and minerals and they help in improving blood flow to the genital area. As a result, sexual desire is boosted with these foods. With enhanced libido, you can enjoy a successful and healthy sex life.
- Work on your self-confidence – A confident person can do many things with ease. When it comes to sex, a lot depends on what you think of yourself and your body. If you have a poor self-image, your confidence levels will be surely hurt. Lack of exercise and a poor diet can play a significant role in poor self-image. And in such a condition, you feel utterly discouraged in having and enjoying sex. One of the best ways of boosting your self-confidence and self-esteem and sexual drive is by shifting your attention from your shortcomings and flaws to the positive attributes that you have. Once you feel good about yourself, your confidence levels get a boost immediately. You will notice that with enhanced self-confidence, your libido will increase too.
- Take some daily herbs – Herbs have various benefits for the body for sure. And when you are looking to boost your libido, herbs help a lot. Two such herbs which need special mention in this regard are that of garlic and basil. Adding little amounts of these herbs to your food might help in increasing sexual desire. Basil comes with a smell which helps in stimulating the senses to quite a bit. Garlic on the other hand contains significant amounts of allicin, which helps in increasing blood flow to different parts of the body. Men who suffer from problems like erectile dysfunction benefit greatly from these herbs. Along with these, Gingko Biloba, which is an extract obtained from leaves of Chinese gingko tree is an excellent herb used for treating depression-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Look for ways to relieve stress – Almost everyone nowadays lead a very hectic lifestyle. Coupled with it comes high levels of stress. There are various factors which contribute to stress, right from professional field to personal areas, from social areas to economic areas. Stress acts as a great hindrance to sex life. You might be healthy physically but suffer from high stress levels. This will impact your sexual health directly. When it comes to stress affecting sexual life, women are more susceptible when compared to men. Infact men resort to sex as a means of relieving stress in many cases. There are different ways in which stress can be reduced. The method which is effective will vary from one person to another. Choose the way in which you can minimize your stress levels and see its positive impact on your sex life.
- Try quitting the bad habits – Propensities like smoking and drinking impact your sexual wellbeing to a great extent. Smoking leads to diminished blood flow to various parts of the body as the veins get narrowed. Other health issues also emanate from this bad habit and leads to weakness. Sexual urge automatically diminishes when one doesn’t feel full of energy and vigor. It is said that one glass of wine is good for health. But most people overdo the same and the result turns out to be negative. Over drinking leads to brokenness – monetarily as well as health wise. Try combating the negative behavior patterns and work on healthy living styles. You will feel the change in your overall wellbeing and sexual health with the positive changes.
- Listen to your body – Having low libido might not be a problem in itself. It might be a symptom of some other health issue which is developing silently in your body. When you have problem of low sex drive, look out for other issues as well like hair loss, dry skin, weight gain, fatigue etc. If these symptoms match with you, there might be a thyroid problem about which you are not aware. Millions of people in the world suffer from this issue and this remains undiagnosed until it becomes a grave health problem. Thyroid can be diagnosed via blood test and can be treated with medication. Low sexual desire is also linked to other medical issues in the body like chronic fatigue and depression. Your body gives signals; be attentive in understanding them and not ignoring them.
- Put your relationship under scanner – It is very important to examine your relationship if you are suffering from low libido. It might happen that there are many relationship issues which need attention outside the bedroom. There are many minor issues for which resentment bottles up and might lead to a sense of indifference. There are also major problems like lack of communication, lack of understanding etc. in a relationship which might take a toll on the relationship as a whole including sexual life. If the situation is such, it is important that you contemplate about the relationship with your partner and mark the problem areas. In this manner, you will be able to find suitable solutions to various relationship problems. When the issues are sorted and fixed, you can feel the zing again and get your happy and healthy sexual life back.
- Consult a doctor if needed – Even after trying all the above mentioned methods, if you see no change in your libido, it is recommended that you seek professional assistance. Visit a doctor and tell him your problem in detail. There might be many underlying problems about which you are not aware. The doctor will be the best person to understand this. He might also suggest some ways for boosting your sexual health. Along with treating the underlying medical conditions, the doctor might also ask you to make lifestyle changes, prescribe diet etc. He will also ask to increase communication with your partner. If the cause of the problem is located, the doctor will be able to find a solution for the same.
As there are different approaches for dealing with low libido issues, choose the one which seems most suitable and effective for you for best results.