Most of the snoring population has tried one remedy or the other. And the most popular and effective remedy has been a mandibular adjustment device (MAD). There are different mandibular devices and some are more effective than others.
What is a Mandibular Adjustment Device?
Mandibular Adjustment Device is something that helps prevent snoring. It is placed inside the mouth in such a way that the lower jaw moves to the front. Snoring is caused due to the vibrations of the relaxed tissues in the throat and nasal airways. The muscles in the body relax when you sleep and overlap. As a result, the airway gets blocked and when air passes through, there is a vibrating sound, which is known as snoring.
Mandibular devices are set up using the boil and bite technique. This is to mold the device so that it fits snugly inside the mouth.
Snoremeds is a Mandibular Adjustment Device that can be set up using the boil and bite method. The concept of Snoremeds is very simple. The mouthpiece repositions the lower jaw by moving it a little forward so that air can flow in and out freely. When air movement is free, there is no friction and hence, there is no snoring. The tongue and soft tissues are prevented from falling back and blocking the air passage.
How Does Snoremeds Work?
Every single person would have snored at some point in their life. If snoring is habitual, it can cause serious problems. Snorers do not wake up fresh. They wake up tired and irritable without knowing why 8 hours of sleep did not refresh them. Snoring prevents the sleeper from entering REM and makes it difficult for the partner to get a good night’s sleep. While changing your mattress may help you, it is not the solution. The solution lies in using a MAD, which will help in the free flow of air and unblock the airway.
As mentioned before, Snoremeds works using the boil and bite technique. The device is placed inside the mouth and it helps in repositioning the lower jaw by moving it to the front. As a result, the airway is not blocked and air can freely flow in and out.
What is boil and bite technique?
The boil and bite technique is a method by which the Mandibular Adjustment Device is customized to fit inside the mouth. Every mouth shape is unique and one size will not fit all. Therefore, the manufacturers of Snoremeds came up with this idea of customizing the device to fit inside every mouth. The steps of the boil and bite technique to customize the device, readying it for use is given below: –
Set out the items that you will need. They are: –
- A pot of water
- A large container for submerging the mandibular adjustment device
- A timer or a clock
- The Snoremeds mouthpiece
- The spatula that is included in the kit
Now, follow the steps given below: –
Set the mouthpiece in an upright position and place the spatula inside the holes that are in the front.
- Set the water to boil and pour it inside the large container.
- Submerge the mouthpiece inside the boiling water with the help of the spatula. Leave it in the water for 15 to 20 seconds. When the device is ready, it will look clear.
- Stand before a mirror and place the device inside your mouth with the help of the spatula.
- Place the lower jaw first and then the upper jaw.
- Move the lower jaw slightly to the front and bite the device firmly. Press against the device from the front to the back so that the impression of the teeth is formed on the device.
- Suck out the air to have a tight fit.
- When you feel that you have the impression, take out the device from your mouth and submerge it in cold water for setting the impression.
The customization is the most important step for Snoremeds to work. If you do not get the impression of the teeth properly, then the device will not fit comfortably inside your mouth. You will then have to start from the beginning to get the proper impression.
This product is very flexible and it won’t break if you bite into it firmly.
Why is it Important to Stop Snoring?
Snoring is not a joke. It causes insufficient sleep in the snorer and the person sleeping next to the snorer. And in spite of all the snoring jokes, it can be a life threatening issue at times.
Sleep is very important. It is the key to good health but so many people including kids and teens are facing health issues due to lack of sleep. The number of hours in bed is right but do they really get 8 hours of sleep? Interrupted sleep is not good. The total number of hours of sleep with interruptions is not good enough.
Did you know that not getting sufficient sleep can decrease sex drive and make your immune system weak? You are at risk of diabetes and some types of cancer. Here are some of the health risks of snoring: –
- Interrupted breathing – Snoring can cause interruptions in breathing which may last from a few seconds to a few minutes.
- Frequent Waking – You may wake up frequently without realising it.
- Light Sleeping – Frequent waking is equivalent to interrupted sleep. This is not a normal sleep pattern. Sleep should be deep and restorative.
- Heart Strain – If you are suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, you may also suffer from hypertension, which is high blood pressure. This, in result, leads to heart enlargement and the risk of stroke and heart attack increases.
Check Latest Offer On Snoremeds Official Website
Maintenance and Cleaning of Snoremeds
To make the most of your purchase, maintain Snoremeds properly. The Mandibular Adjustment Device requires proper cleaning regularly after every use. The device is quite easy to clean but you have to maintain it consistently, otherwise, your Snoremeds device will not last long.
To clean your Snoremeds device, you can use your denture cleaner, mouthwash or even toothpaste.
The best way to clean it is to use the molding spatula when cleaning. The device is very smooth. It does not have too many crevices and hence can be cleaned easily. Dry it before you store it in the accompanying case, which is also anti-bacterial.
Who Can Use Snoremeds?
Not everyone can use Snoremeds. People who wear braces or dentures will not be able to use it. In such a case, please consult your physician before you do. Also, if you have teeth or gums’ problem, you should consult your physician.
Benefits of Snoremeds
- This Mandibular Adjustment Device is simple to use and very effective.
- Snoremeds is not just effective. It is very reasonably priced too.
- The manufacturer includes a 45-day money back guarantee for users who are not satisfied with the results.
- Snoremeds is available in two sizes – the smaller size is for women and the bigger size is for men.
- The product is comfortable and easy to use. The customization is also very easy.
- It works perfectly for every snorer.
- It is latex and BPA free.
- The product is approved by the FDA.
Purchase and Price
Snoremeds is available for purchase on the official website of the manufacturer.
The price is different for women’s pack and men’s pack, as given below: –
- Woman Single Pack – $46.95
- Woman Double Pack – $66.95
- Woman Value Pack – $94.95
- Men Single pack – $46.95
- Men Double pack – $66.95
- Men Value Pack – $94.95
Money Back Guarantee and Refund Policy
The manufacturer offers a 45 day money back guarantee. He is, however, sure that you wouldn’t opt for the refund since you are going to be completely satisfied with the product.
In case you are dissatisfied with the results, you can return the product within 30 days of purchase and claim a refund.
Side Effects of Snoremeds
There are usually no side effects as such, except for first time users until they get used to having the device inside their mouth while sleeping. However, these are gone after the initial week and the user feels comfortable. First time users have the following side effects: –
- Dry Mouth
- Excessive drooling
- Soreness of jaw
- Irritation in gums
- Changes in the closing of the jaw.
- Tenderness in teeth.
These side effects are very natural and occur in every first time user because your lower jaw is repositioned. The teeth clamp down on the device and hence there is a little tenderness. Since the mouth remains slightly open, your mouth is likely to feel dry.
The jaw feels sore as it is pushed to the front while placing the device inside the mouth.
Thomas ~ I was very sceptical of the reviews that I read but this product really worked for me and the very first night too! It took some time to get used to having a mouthpiece inside my mouth while I slept but then I got used to it. My wife is the happiest person now. She says she can sleep peacefully!
Stephen ~ I got this mouthpiece device yesterday. After customizing it, I wore it last night. My wife says that I didn’t snore at all last night! Surprising? Not really since all the reviews cannot be lies
Nathan ~ I bought Snoremeds last week. I found the customization a little difficult. I called up the customer service of the company who walked me through the steps. And I am now using it every night. I am still not used to having the device in my mouth and my jaw feels a little sore but everyone says that I will get used to it and the soreness will go away. The plus point is that I don’t snore as much now.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Snoremeds
Given below are the pros of Snoremeds :-
- The device is pocket friendly.
- It can be customized according to your needs.
- The jaw size is shortened.
- Both you and the person who is sleeping next to you get good sleep.
- The manufacturer offers discounts if you purchase a pack of two – a small and a large device package.
Cons of Snoremeds
- Snoremeds does not have a very long life.
- After you customize it with the boil and bite technique, you cannot make any other minor adjustments.
- You can remold the device only twice.
- A lot of first time users have complained of drooling and jaw soreness in the initial days.
Will the device work from the very first day?
If the device is molded properly then this mandibular device will surely work for you. The chances of this device working from the very first day are 85%. If you find that the snoring problem is still there after the first night, then you need to remold the device and make adjustments. Moving the jaw slightly to the front will help stop snoring.
Is Snoremeds for Children too?
Snoremeds is for adults and it works only for people whose jaws and teeth are fully developed. The teeth and jaw of children are in developing stages and hence, the device is not suitable for children.
How Often Does the Device Need to be Replaced?
Normally, this mandibular adjustment device will need to be replaced after four months. The reason for this is that the polypropylene has to be soft so that it can be molded and comfortable. In about four months’ time, the polypropylene loses its softness and discomfort sets in in the jaw and teeth.
Why Does My Mouthpiece Fall out At Night?
To get used to the device, you need to give yourself at least two weeks. After two weeks, when you used to sleeping with the device fitted inside your mouth, you start relaxing and hence, the mouthpiece falls out. It doesn’t really matter as long as you have stopped snoring.
How Many Times Can Snoremeds be Molded?
The anti-snoring device can be molded up to two times. So, take your time when you are molding it. Follow the directions of the manufacturer and if you face any problems, call the customer service. Practise moving your jaw to the front since it will help you stop snoring.
Conclusion – The Final Verdict
Snoremeds is a good quality product that works well. The concept is very simple and hence, it works. The product is manufactured from a good quality thermoplastic that is also anti-allergenic. It is FDA approved and can be used for medical purposes. The device is latex and BPA free.
The only thing that you have to take care of is the molding which is the key to making this device work successfully for you. Try it out and if you are not happy with it, then you can avail the money back guarantee offered by the company and claim for a refund.