Erectile dysfunction is the inability to keep the erection firm at times of sexual intercourse, commonly called as impotence. Nowadays, the term impotence is not commonly used. Erectile dysfunction is a common problem in men. Many men experience this condition at times of stress and anxiety. Frequent erectile dysfunction needs treatment and is something that has to be taken seriously. It can also happen due to emotional or relationship problems. In this case, it needs to be addressed with a professional. Both emotional and physical conditions can cause erectile dysfunction. Common causes include diabetes, kidney diseases, obesity, stress, hypertension, high cholesterol, low testosterone levels, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, drug use, alcohol, tobacco, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
Ten ways to fight erectile dysfunction
- Medication: Taking medicines is an important method to fight erectile dysfunction. Medicines need to be prescribed by a doctor. Taking medicines without the aid of a doctor may be harmful. Proper diagnosis through a doctor and medicine should be taken as per the advice of the doctor. The cause can also be due to the low level of testosterone. For this also proper treatment needs to be taken. Taking unwanted medicines can also cause problems. One should be careful to take medicines only prescribed by the doctor.
- Talk therapy: Talk therapy is another method to fight against erectile dysfunction, has more importance when the reason for dysfunction is a relationship issue. The therapist will talk to the individual regarding the relationship, and any flaws, if found, will be rectified. If erectile dysfunction is due to stress or subconscious conflicts, the therapist will give necessary advice to rectify the same. Talk therapy helps as it solves any problem with the partner, and the relationship is restored to the normal phase.
- Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises are simple movements one can do to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. Studies have confirmed that these exercises are a good remedy for erectile dysfunction. The person needs to do it for at least three months continuously to get the desired result. These exercises can be done at any time of the day. These exercises are done with the help of a therapist who monitors the improvement and situation and provides feedback. Kegel exercises are an effective way to fight against erectile dysfunction.
- Aerobic exercises: Aerobic exercises are very good to fight against erectile dysfunctions, not only increases the blood flow but also helps to increase the level of testosterone. Exercises like running and swimming are good methods to fight erectile dysfunction. Aerobic exercises will make the body more flexible and responsive. It increases the blood flow in the body. Studies have shown that 160 hours of weekly exercises for six months have considerably reduced erection problems. Aerobic exercises are not only good for erectile dysfunction but also testosterone. Exercising is a great method to overcome erectile dysfunction problems.
- Yoga: Yoga is another important and efficient method to fight against erectile dysfunction. Yoga helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Since stress and anxiety can cause erectile dysfunction, yoga is an effective option. Studies indicated that 12 weeks of yoga classes significantly changed the erectile problems and were then able to lead a normal life. Different yoga poses can help in erectile dysfunction, and this also has to be done with the help of an instructor or therapist. Yoga is mainly helpful for people with stress and anxiety.
- Healthy diet: Healthy diet is an effective way to get rid of erectile dysfunction. It is recommended to eat plenty of grains, vegetables, and fruits. Limiting the consumption of red meat and processed sugar can also help. A healthy diet with proper exercise will surely help with erectile dysfunction. Cocoa and watermelon are also very helpful food one can eat to overcome the situation. Fatty foods have to be controlled, and the intake of more natural and organic food will help. Diet can play a vital role in reducing the problem, and it helps the person lead a normal life.
- Massage: Prostatic massage is effective in treating erectile dysfunction. Massages are done along with other treatments to get the best result. One might need to undergo massages several times a week, and this has to be done with the advice of an experienced therapist. Massages help to regulate the flow of blood on the body cells and nerves—an effective method to fight against erectile dysfunction. Massages are normally done around the penis area to increase the flow of blood. Regular massage therapy will help. Studies have proven that consistent massage therapy has made significant changes in men.
- Quit smoking & alcohol consumption: Alcohol consumption and smoking can lead to erectile dysfunction. Smoking decreases the resistance power of the body, and the body will become weak. The nervous function is slowed down, and proper blood flow is restricted. Consuming alcohol also causes problems. These injurious substances can make the body week, and hence the overall function of the body is affected. It is not only bad with erectile function but also for the overall well being and health of the body.
- Get adequate rest and sleep: Our body needs proper rest and sleep. The sleep disorder can cause erectile dysfunctions. The body recovers when a person sleeps. Many functions of the body take place properly when one is sleeping, helps to enhance the flow of blood in the body. People who do not have enough sleep has a chance to have erectile dysfunction. Whatever you do in the day, make sure to have adequate sleep and rest.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking plenty of water can help in solving erectile dysfunction. When water is less in the body, the body becomes dry, causing erectile dysfunction. Good water intake makes the blood flow smoothly, and the body functions normally. Drinking adequate water supports the overall health of the individual. Drink more water regularly, and erectile dysfunction can be considerably reduced over some time. Drinking more water will give more strength to the body, which can help with erectile dysfunction in the long run. People who drink less water are more tired and weary than those who drink more water.
Erectile dysfunction often the common occurrence in men. Many reasons contribute to the situation, such as Diabetes, obesity, stress and anxiety, smoking, relationship issues, sleep disorders, diet problems, etc. are only a few. Proper treatment is necessary to fight the situation. There are many ways to fight against erectile dysfunction like proper exercise, healthy diet plans, medication, etc. strictly recommended to consult a doctor, get advice, and help. Studies have proved that with proper treatment and consistency, the problem can be overcome, and the person would be able to lead a normal life. It is up to the person to take the initiative and try to overcome the problem. Both physical and emotional problems can cause erectile dysfunction. The best thing is to get the consultation of a good doctor to rectify the problem.